The Dolphin Trust is an investment scheme specialising in the refurbishment of listed buildings in Germany.
Dolphin Trust GmbH is now known as German Property Group (GPG)
Their documentation sent to investors offered as follows:
- Fixed Term Loan Notes
- Term options of 2 or 5 years
- Starting level Interest fixed at 10% per annum
- Bonus Interest of 10% in total on the 5 Year Deferred Income option
- Bonus Interest of 2% in total on the 2 Year Deferred Income option
- Registered First Legal Charge on the underlying asset class
- Dolphin Trust has a proven track record
- Dolphin Trust is a company incorporated and regulated in Germany
Dolphin Trust was more often than not recommended to individuals by an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) who advised their clients to invest via a SIPP (Self Invested Personal Pension) (SIPP) .
The bonds within the Dolphin Trust are not regulated with the FCA and are only payable upon maturity after two years.
We are aware that a number of investors have not received their promised returns and some are finding it difficult to get their capital investment repaid to them.
A recent news paper investigation has revealed that the property group borrowed an estimated £600 million via investors pensions (SIPPS).
The investigation revealed that some pension holders were advised by unregulated salesmen working for separate companies. These sales people were paid up to 20% commission at the time and were advising clients they would double their money but were not told of the levels of risk.
Get In Touch
If you are worried about the sustainability of your investment and looking for advice, we can help. Complete this quick enquiry form here and receive a no-obligation review of your situation.