Skip to main content

Helping You Claim What's Rightfully Yours

⚠ Claims Now Open ⚠ : Mis-Sold Car Finance | Diesel Emission Claims | Police Complaints

Google Reviews

Hertfordshire Constabulary Police Complaints

If you have been suffering as a result of Hertfordshire Constabulary misconduct, our qualified panel of expert Actions Against the police force Solicitors may be able to help you.'s panel will help you get the answers and the apology you are deserving of, while also submitting a claim for financial compensation. Learn below how we can help you today.

The vast majority of the police force dutifully serve and keep the public protected and, for that, we have the utmost respect. If however, a police officer within Hertfordshire Constabulary has acted negligentally or unlawfully, then you are deserving of an apology and most likely financial compensation for your suffering.

Submitting a police legal complaint is generally the 1st step in deciding to bring any action against the police force. Our experienced panel of Police legal complaint solicitors have an exceptional track record of filing successful legal complaints, getting apologies, and engaging in disciplinary proceedings. If a legal complaint is not enough for your case, you may then make a civil claim against Hertfordshire Constabulary, where our qualified panel will help you in suing the police force for financial compensation.

We will go in depth about police legal complaints, suing the police force, and how to proceed if you believe you are a victim of police misconduct. If you have any questions, or would like to begin proceedings against the police force, use our simple enquiry form to determine your eligibility and our experienced panel of expert police solicitors will contact you with your next steps.

Filing a legal complaint against Hertfordshire Constabulary

Filing a legal complaint against the police force is your 1st step in attempting to get some form of justice. A police legal complaint can be made directly to Hertfordshire Constabulary or via the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC). The IOPC reviews all police legal complaints within England and Wales, and they also set the standards for the police force should handle legal complaints. They are an independent body.

The police force will determine whether your legal complaint needs to be formally recorded or not. Only recorded legal complaints are investigated. There is also no time limit for how long a police force has to deal with your legal complaint, however you should usually achieve an update on the progress of your legal complaint at least once every 28 days.

The result of your legal complaint against Hertfordshire Constabulary may be:

- An explanation of events
- An office apology
- Steps the police force will take because of your legal complaint

You will also get a written letter from Hertfordshire Constabulary that should explain:

- The outcome of your legal complaint
- Important regarding any available appeal process

Are you able to sue Hertfordshire Constabulary?

Suing the police force, also known as "taking action against the police force", is one step further than filing a legal complaint. Cases that involve actions against the police force are civil claims for financial compensation made through the legal courts. You can choose to take this legal route if you are not satisfied with Hertfordshire Constabulary's response to your legal complaint.

When suing the police force, it is critically important to receive legal advice from an expert Actions Against the police force Solicitor. Victims of police misconduct who sue the police force will seek financial compensation for their suffering and contributions towards their legal costs.

Sometimes additional actions may be sought, such as an official apology, the destruction of DNA or data, or a correction of records held by the police force.

Should you decide to sue Hertfordshire Constabulary, our expert panel of solicitors will investigate whether the police force officer or officers breached:

- The Bail Act 1976
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Equality Act 2010
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- the police force and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE)
- The Code of Conduct for Police Officers
- the police force Code of Ethics

Our dedicated panel will also explain the process of suing the police force, and will always keep you updated on your case as it progresses.

Can I see some examples of police misconduct?

Examples of Hertfordshire Constabulary misconduct that our experienced panel of experts can help with include:

- Wrongful Arrest
- Malicious Prosecution
- Police Trespassing
- Use of Excessive Force
- Use of Taser
- Unlawful Detention
- Abuse of Powers
- Police Data Breaches
- Police Dog Bites
- Injuries While Detained
- Lack of Evidence
- Unknown Court Hearings
- Mistaken Identity
- Discrimination
- Assault and Battery

The panel will able to tell you whether you are eligible to claim based on the evidence you provide us.

How do you make a claim against Hertfordshire Constabulary?

Taking action against Hertfordshire Constabulary is very straightforward. We have made a free-to-use eligibility checker which only takes a few minutes to complete. After you send that through to our dedicated panel of experts, they will be in touch with you to find out more details about your specific case.

If our dedicated panel are confident that you have a eligible claim for police legal complaint financial compensation, they will then request that you send over more evidence and will begin to work on your case against Hertfordshire Constabulary.

Does suing Hertfordshire Constabulary have a timelimit?

There are time limits for bringing civil action against the police force. These time limits are different depending on what you are saying the police force have done. For example:

- Personal injury claims, including assault and death - Must be made within 3 years from the date of injury

- Unlawful action claims, including wrongful arrest and false imprisonment - Must be made within 6 years of the event

Also, if are planning on raising a formal legal complaint, it must be made within one year of the event occurring.

How much financial compensation can I get for Hertfordshire Constabulary negligence?

Each actions against the police force claim is slightly unique in circumstance- this means that the amount you are eligible to claim for will differ. After you have proven your Hertfordshire Constabulary financial compensation claim to be valid, the court will consider the following categories of damages:

- Basic Damages
These are the most common type of damages paid to someone submitting an actions against the police force claim. They provide you with compensation for actual loss and any injury you suffered as a result of the Hertfordshire Constabulary misconduct. Basic damages can also include general damages for physical and mental suffering, loss of reputation, stress, and special damages for loss of liberty and emotional consequences.

- Aggravated Damages
These damages are awarded only in highly unique circumstances where the police force have purposely acted to cause injury to the Claimant's feelings, and/or where basic damages are not enough. This can include cases of discrimination or malicious prosecution.

How can help?

If you want to bring a police legal complaint against Hertfordshire Constabulary or take civil action against them, our qualified panel of expert Action Against the police force Solicitors will be able to assist. If you have been treated unfairly or unlawfully by a police officer from Hertfordshire Constabulary or your human rights have been breached, get in touch with our unique panel today.

Our expert panel will do everything they can to help you in building your case against the police force. Whether you want justice through an apology, or require Action Against the police force financial compensation, our unique panel will be able to help.

Our unique panel will also investigate whether you qualify for legal aid in order to fund your case. In some instances, they can work on your Hertfordshire Constabulary claim on a No Win, No Fee basis. Our unique panel will explain this agreement in clear detail before making a claim.

To start your Actions Against Police claim, simply use our eligibility checker now. The initial consultation is absolutely free of charge.

Start Your Police Complaints Claim - 1/3
Please select all that apply to your complaint.

Read up-to-date news and opinions related to Police Complaints and Actions Against The Police. - We Are Here to Help You

Our mission is to provide comprehensive claim guides for multiple claims, and connect you with expert legal firms.

Our Most Popular Claim Guides

Important Information:

Fairweather Group Ltd t/a do not give legal advice. You do not need to use a claims management company to make a claim. You have the right to use the relevant Ombudsman to seek redress for free. More information on your particular Ombudsman can be found on our Terms & Conditions. You can also seek legal advice elsewhere.

The No Win No Fee Success Fee is based on which expert panel member we refer you to and is payable to them. Our panel currently consists of a number of law firms, which can also be found on our Terms & Conditions. The No Win, No Fee varies, but is generally between 25%- 50%+VAT.

There may be a termination fee if you cancel your claim with a panel member after the cooling-off period. We are paid a referral fee by our panel members for a successful introduction. Fairweather Group Ltd will not charge you for our service.

Your Privacy

This website uses cookies. By using this website you consent to our use of these cookies. For more information visit our Privacy Policy