In this section
Faulty Product Compensation Claims
Have you been injured by a faulty or defective product? If faulty goods have caused you or a loved one to suffer an injury, you might be entitled to compensation. Find out today by getting in touch with our expert panel of faulty product claim solicitors.
Every injury is unfortunate and often avoidable. However, faulty product injuries can be some of the most serious and life-changing. They are also the injuries that are most unpredictable, as we have come to expect a level of service and safety from manufacturers.
Manufacturers have a duty to test and inspect the products they sell, and ensure they are both safe and fit for purpose. If a company has been negligent in their testing, design or manufacture, injuries can occur.
If you believe you have been injured as a result of a faulty or defective product, our panel of expert personal injury solicitors can guide you through your claim for compensation. Get in touch today, for free, to find out if you have a claim.
What is a Faulty Product Accident Claim?
When you buy a product and use it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, you expect it to work the way it is intended. The last thing you expect is to be injured by the product.
The law asserts that any product or equipment you buy should be safe for you to use, if operated appropriately. The Consumer Protection Act 1987 states that people can claim compensation if the product is defective and has caused a personal injury.
If you have been injured by a faulty product, we recommend keeping the product, or taking photos if that is not possible, as well as keeping the receipt of the product. All of this, including medical reports, can be used as evidence when building your compensation claim.
What Kind of Claims Arise From Faulty Product Compensation Cases?
Due to their nature, our panel of experts see a wide array of faulty product compensation claims. Some of the more common cases they see are:
- Back injuries due to falling off a faulty ladder
- Malfunctioning electrical appliances causing electric shocks, burns, or scalds
- Contaminated or untested cosmetics, causing skin damage
- Poisoning caused by contaminated food bought in a shop
- Hair loss and scarring caused by defected or untested hair products used in salons, or by faulty home hair styling products
- Faulty vehicle parts which cause a road traffic accident
- Defective or wrongly labelled children’s toys, causing an injury or accident
- Unsafe medical equipment, such as faulty replacement hips or medication
- All other types of faulty equipment, such as leisure equipment, gardening tools, DIY tools, kitchen gadgets and other household appliances
No Win, No Fee Faulty Product Solicitors
The majority of faulty product ClaimExperts.co.uk cases are on a No Win, No Fee agreement. This is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) and simply means if you do not win your case, you do not pay us. Our panel of experts will talk you through this when you contact us.
We believe anyone who has suffered a faulty product accident through no fault of their own deserves the appropriate legal support. Our panel of Faulty Product solicitors will keep you updated throughout your case to discuss how much you will look to receive in compensation. There will be no hidden or unexpected fees anywhere along the way.
Who is my Defective Product Claim Against?
This is a good question, and proving liability can be a tricky process. Many defective products go through multiple stages before you purchase them. Some questions our panel will ask will be:
- Was it the design of the product that caused the accident?
- Were the materials of the product faulty?
- Was it the manufacturing process that caused the fault?
- Could the wholesaler have caused the defect?
We will go through your case, step by step, and come to an agreement with you as to who was at fault.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Faulty Product Claims?
There is no quick and easy way of working out how much compensation you might receive for a faulty product compensation claim, as each case is different. Having said that, our expert panel do know the factors you can claim for, and can therefore give you a good estimate.
Along with compensation for the pain and suffering of your injury (general damages), you can also claim for special damages. These damages include:
- Loss of earnings as a result of missing work – Past, current, and future
- The cost of various medical appointments
- Increase in travel costs due to appointments
- Medicine costs
- Care and assistance costs
- Adaptions to equipment and tools – Wheelchair, stairlifts, grab rails
- Loss of property – A car, mobile phone, clothes
Our panel of solicitors will guide you through how much you should look to receive in compensation should your claim be successful.
How long do Faulty Product claims take?
Every faulty product accident claim is unique, and the amount of time it takes can be determined by whether liability is admitted, what the circumstances of the faulty product injury were, and how severe the injuries endured were.
Our panel of personal injury solicitors will talk you through each step of the way, and inform you of how long your case might be when they have more detailed information.
Is There a Time Limit for Claiming Faulty Product Compensation?
Yes, there is. The time limit for claiming compensation for a defective product injury is:
- Over 18 – Three years from the date the accident happened, or, three years from the moment you were aware of the injuries
- Under 18 – Three years from your 18th So, before your 21st birthday
Start your Faulty Product Accident Compensation Claim Today
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a faulty or defective product, you may be entitled to compensation. Let us help you determine if you have a case, and if so, how much you could claim back in compensation.
The panel of experts behind ClaimExperts.co.uk has a combined 70+ years of experience in helping people like you who have been hurt due to a faulty product.
Through our network of high profile defective product injury specialists, we are able to direct your enquiry to the most appropriate faulty product solicitor. Our panel offer:
- 70+ Years Combined Experience in Personal Injury Claims
- Hassle-Free Service
- Quick and Easy Form
- 100% Risk-Free – No Win, No Fee
- Knowledgeable, Friendly, Professional Team
- Fully regulated by the SRA or FCA
- Free No Obligation Check
Contact the ClaimExperts.co.uk panel today to find out how they can help you start your faulty product compensation claim.
Ready To Get Started?
ClaimExperts.co.uk provides a free educational service to the public, and connects potential claimants with pre-vetted legal firms operating on our panel.
Our panel of legal firms all:
- Operate on a No-Win, No Fee Basis
- Require No Upfront Fees
- Are Regulated by either the FCA or SRA
Start your claim today by completing the quick enquiry form below.
ClaimExperts.co.uk - We are Here to Help You
Our mission is to provide expert legal advice in relation to the mis-selling, mis-leading, and general mis-conduct of individuals and companies. Our promise to you is to always fight your corner.
Our Most Popular Claim Guides
For Your Information: You do not need to use a claims management company to make a claim. You have the right to use the relevant Ombudsman to seek redress for free. More information on your particular Ombudsman can be found on our Terms & Conditions.
The No Win No Fee Success Fee is based on which expert panel member we refer you to. Our panel currently consists of a number of law firms, which can also be found on our Terms & Conditions. The No Win, No Fee varies, but is generally between 25%- 50%+VAT. We do not have a termination fee for any of our legal claims.