If you’ve been mis-sold a pension, you may have a claim. And that could be worth thousands. We’ll help you find out whether you have a valid claim – and then we’ll help you take it further.
Pension Mis-Selling – Has It Happened To You?
For most of us, pensions are complex financial arrangements. Often, they’re so complex that it can be difficult to tell whether your pension advisor has sold you the right pension or not.
Yet all pensions advisors are under an obligation to sell the right pension for you, and there’s a strict code of practice they must follow to ensure they do that. If your bank, advisor or other financial institution didn’t do that, you may have a claim.
Over the past few years, regulators in the UK have seen a big increase in the number of claims brought against pensions companies. As a result, they’re receiving more fines and paying more compensation than ever before.
If your pension was mis-sold, you may be due some of that compensation.
But how do you know whether the pension you have is the pension you need?
How Do I Know If My Pension Was Mis-Sold?
There are lots of potential ways your pension could have been mis-sold. Here are just come of them:
- The wrong choice – You had a choice of personal pension or company scheme and your advisor incorrectly suggested a personal pension would be the better option
- No choice – If you were only offered one pension, or a very limited choice, without being given the opportunity to shop around, your pension may have been mis-sold
- No/incorrect approach to health issues – Your pensions advisor should have asked you about your health and medical issues and taken them into account when selecting the best pension product for you. If they didn’t do that, you may have a claim
- Not enough information – You can’t choose the right pension unless you have all the information you need to make that decision. If your decision was based on no or limited information, or if the decision was taken out of your hands, your pension may have been mis-sold
- No/insufficient consideration of risk – Choosing the right pension is all about matching the right product to your attitude towards risk. If that didn’t happen, your pension may have been mis-sold
- Wrong information – Were you advised to transfer you pension? Is the amount you’re getting back little more (or even less) than the amount you paid in? Were you left in the dark about the risks? You may have a claim.
If any of the above applies to you, you may be entitled to compensation.
Pension Mis-selling Compensation – How Much Will I Get?
If your claim is upheld, you’ll be entitled to compensation.
The amount of that compensation can vary greatly from case to case depending on your circumstances, but on average we recover £37,000 for successful pension mis-selling claims.
Of course, as that’s an average the amount you are awarded could be less – or considerably more.
If you don’t win, you won’t pay us anything. And there’s nothing to pay upfront.*
See if you have a claim now by completing the enquiry form to receive a free no obligation review of your claim.
Mis-Sold Pension Compensation – How Do I Make A Claim?
Every claim for mis-sold pension compensation progresses in a similar way:
- You make an initial inquiry to us. You can do that here
- We’ll send you a claim pack, which is your chance to tell us everything you can about you and your pension
- After you’ve sent it back to us, you’ll still have 14 days to cancel your claim
- We’ll contact your pension provider and give them 40 days to send us your file
- We review the file and get in touch with you if we need any additional information
- If we think you have a case, we’ll submit your mis-sold pension compensation claim on your behalf. Your pension provider has 8 weeks to respond as standard but they can ask for an extension of up to 4 weeks
- Now, one of two things will happen: either your pension provider will accept the claim and offer compensation, or they will reject the claim. If they reject, we’ll take the case to the Financial Ombudsman on your behalf – but we’ll always ask for your authorisation before we do this
Why Work With Us?
Because when it comes to pension mis-selling claims, we’re the experts. Because we’re regulated by the Solicitor Regulatory Authority. Because we don’t talk legal jargon. Because we keep the lines of communication open – so if you need to talk to us about your claim, you can. And because we’re committed to dealing with your claim as quickly, confidentially, considerately and successfully as possible.
We know that pension mis-selling companies can all look similar and sound alike.
Meet one that aims to be a little more human.
Talk To Us About Your Pension Mis-Selling Claim Now
We want to help you recover the money you are owed. It could amount to £000s.
See if you have a claim now. Complete the enquiry form by clicking here.